Are you buying a Boat? Then get a survey! You are welcome to attend.
If you are buying a boat, of any size, from a 16’ Open Sports Motor or 19’ Cornish Shrimper sailing boat to a Sunseeker 50m Motor Yacht or Swan 105 Sailing Yacht you should get a Survey to make sure you know about any defects, so you can make informed decisions. We look at every boat without the rose tinted glasses on and report to you in plain English. This is called a pre-purchase boat survey.
- We are the Yacht Surveyor for you the aspiring boat owners of a RIB, Sports boats, River Cruiser, Canal Boats, House boat, Narrow boat, Sailing Yachts and Motorboats
Is your boat out of the water for the winter and insurance due soon? Then get an insurance survey now, special winter rates.
- If you need an Insurance survey and valuation, contact us, we are the boat surveyors for you.
Tonnage or flag survey required? That’s us too.
- We carry out tonnage surveys so you can get Part 1 British Registration
Commercial small craft coding? Give us a call.
- We code all vessels under 24mvessels to MCA regulations
- No job too small or too big, fair prices taking account the size of the job as well as the vessel.
- Years of practical experience and continual professional development means you get the best possible info and opinions.
- Your survey report is in plain English – it tells it like it is and with you within 48 hours of completion maximum.
- We are pragmatic – our recommendations take into account the age, value and use of the vessel. We are not out to spoil your purchase or cause unnecessary work or expense.
- You get one to one reliable, qualified, courteous, friendly, efficient, honest, flexible service and we are a pleasure to work with.
- Proud to be a BMSE Full Member, a MECAL Coding surveyor, Associate Member R.I.N.A, Affiliate member of the YDSA Yacht Brokers, Designers and Surveyors Association, elected in July 2010. Fully Insured
Whatever type of Yacht, Boat or Marine Survey you require for GRP or steel, yachts or River Boats, RIBs, please get in touch. We do do some wooden boats and if we can’t will recommend someone. Personal service guaranteed. Advice is free.
We are based in Emsworth and carry out most surveys in Chichester, Birdham, River Hamble, Southampton, Gosport, Portsmouth, Southsea, Poole, Swanwick, Lymington, Shoreham, Brighton, Worthing, Dover, Eastbourne, Newhaven, Bosham, Hythe, Christchurch, Weymouth. We give competitive rates and do survey in Falmouth, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea as well as travelling Europe and worldwide.
Boat surveys are carried out on many Rivers including The Medway areas of Rochester, Hundred of Hoo, Maidstone, Gillingham, Snodland, Aylesford. The River Thames, South Dock, Reading, Oxford, Caversham, Henley, Staines and the River Severn areas of Portishead and Avonmouth.
Many customers from Holland, Denmark, Germany, France and Norway commission us to survey boats in the UK and in their home countries and we can provide references.
Proud members of
Delivering great customer service
I have used surveyors when buying boats previously and none came up to the standard of service provided by Matt. The survey was extremely thorough and demonstrated Matts’ superior knowledge of the industry and of individual boats, both structurally and mechanically.
The survey results were in plain English and work required was prioritised very clearly so that I was able to make an informed decision about the purchase.
Cost effective, punctual and overall superb service. Thank you Matt. Peter V. Sea Ray 240 July 2013
A very friendly and exceptionally helpful service, I would definitely recommend them. Rosie T. 43′ Narrow boat June 2013
“….His reports were detailed, included pictures and were emailed within 24 hours. The reports described both necessary repairs (graded by importance) and guidance for future maintenance. He explained the significance of the comments during a subsequent telephone conversation. Excellent, comprehensive and prompt service.Bob, Twickenham October 2012 “